About OSC & Augment City:
Situated in the beautiful City of Ålesund, Norway, OSC & Augment City is a global pioneer in Simulation, virtual prototyping and digital twins. With 60+ dedicated employees, we specialise in crafting innovative solutions that transcend industries, focusing on offshore renewables and smart cities.
At OSC, we've redefined the boundaries of what's possible by enabling our clients to visualise and simulate scenarios. From mitigating risks, to optimising opportunities, our solutions empower users to navigate complex landscapes with confidence. As we transition from consultancy to Software as a Service (SaaS), our commitment to shaping the future remains unwavering.
Join us in this exciting chapter of growth and innovation, where every day brings new possibilities and challenges. OSC & Augment City is not just a workplace; it's a hub of creativity, collaboration, and groundbreaking technology.
1. Technology Leadership:
- Lead the technology development strategy and ensure product scalability, security, stability, and alignment with company objectives.
- Provide strategic leadership in developing and executing the company's technology vision, focusing on real-time simulation, SaaS, Cloud, and 3D visualisation/gaming graphic engines.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends to keep our products at the competitive edge.
2. Team Management
- Lead, build and mentor a high-performing technology team, fostering a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Recruit, develop, and retain top-tier talent with specialised knowledge in the key areas the company needs.
- Actively participate in the leadership team, contributing to the overall strategy and decision-making processes of the company.
3. Product Development
- Oversee the end-to-end product development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive innovation.
- Create and maintain development plans, ensuring technology solutions, are delivered on time and within budget.
4. Technology Architecture
- Ensure a strong, scalable architecture for the entire company by stabilising, compartmentalising, and building upon existing technology solutions while addressing technology debt.
- Define best practices for development, such as automated testing and continuous delivery.
- Ensure coding standards are well-defined and upheld
- Knowledge of single sign-on solutions/enterprise SAAS integration for a multi-tenant architecture.
5. Strategic Partnerships
- Identify and cultivate strategic partnerships with customers, SaaS providers, Cloud platforms gaming graphic engine vendors, and relevant technology stakeholders.
- Evaluate and negotiate technology-related contracts and agreements.
6. Innovation and Research
- Drive a culture of innovation within the technology team, fostering exploration and learning in SaaS, Cloud, Unity3D, Java & AI.
- Stay informed about emerging technologies, especially in the gaming and simulation domains.
Qualifications / Preferred Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven leadership experience in a technology-focused organisation, ideally as a CTO or similar role.
- High drive and motivation to inspire and lead teams with passion and initiative.
- Expertise in scaling products and optimising engineering processes.
- Proven expertise in leading technology teams for successful SaaS and Cloud project delivery, with in-depth knowledge of scalable cloud services and architecture.
- Experience with real-time simulation and 3D visualisation.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving skills combined with a hands-on approach to technology management.
- Strong leadership and team management abilities, capable of inspiring a diverse team towards achieving excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with gaming graphic engines, particularly Unity3D.
- High-level understanding of Java and its application in technology solutions.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter detailing their relevant experience and qualifications to https://job.osc.no within February 29th. Please include "CTO Application - OSC" in the subject line. The application needs to be submitted in English within February 29th.
OSC and Augment City is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.